Move on

Move on
-----
The day I found out she had moved on,
My heart felt like it had been torn.
-----
Days turned to weeks, and weeks turned to months,
I cried and cried, till my eyes had no more tears left to confront.
-----
It wasn't fair, what she had done,
But I still prayed for her happiness, as she was the one.
I wished that all her dreams came true,
But it felt like a life without her, was nothing new.
-----
Success came knocking at my door,
Money and status, and so much more.
-----
But it wasn't the same, without her by my side,
I wanted to celebrate, but my heart had nowhere to hide.
-----
I loved her more than words could ever express,
But she moved on, and left me with nothing but distress.
-----
She advised me to move on too, and forget about the past,
But the memories of our love, will forever last.
-----
Today, I have more money than her husband ever could,
But I would give it all up, if only I could.
-----
Love is precious, and it cannot be rushed,
But she didn't see that, and left me crushed.
-----
Poet: Nunn Pari

Post a Comment

0 Comments