When I felt Noticed


 In the winter chill, we gathered round

For the society meeting, where ideas abound

The girl had made it, despite the professor's bar

And we were ready to take on issues both near and far


The first discussion, a matter of design

For the ID cards, which would soon be assigned

The color theme, we couldn't decide

When the girl spoke up, her eyes open wide


She pointed to my jersey, sea green

And said that it would look lovely, so serene

I blushed, feeling noticed and seen

And smiled, as though in a beautiful dream


The color theme was set, and we moved on

To other issues, from dusk till dawn

But I couldn't shake the feeling inside

That the girl had noticed me, and my heart felt alive


As the meeting drew to a close

I mustered up the courage to propose

A cup of coffee, just the two of us

And the girl, smiling, said "I'd love to, when?"


And so began a beautiful tale

Of two young people, who would not fail

To build a friendship, and maybe something more

In the chilly winter, by the society hall door.


Poet: Nunn Pari

Post a Comment

0 Comments