My Love

 

I am still standing on those stairs,

Where we used to sit and stare,

At the world that lay beyond us,

So vast and full of wonder.


I can still hear your laughter,

Echoing through the halls,

And the way your eyes would light up,

Whenever I would call.


But now you're gone, and I'm alone,

With nothing but the memories,

Of a time when we were happy,

Before life's complexities.


I try to move on, to forget,

To find someone new and true,

But every time I close my eyes,

It's still you that I turn to.


So I stay here on these stairs,

Where we used to dream and hope,

Holding on to what we had,

And the love that helped us cope.


And even though you're gone,

And our story has come to an end,

I will always cherish the moments,

And the love that we did spend.


Poet: Nunn Pari

Post a Comment

0 Comments