September

 

September has arrived, and with it, a weight,

A feeling that's heavy and hard to bear,

For I know that she's married, and my fate,

Is to carry on, with a love that's so rare.


In the last five months, I've carried a lot,

Emotions that range from joy to pain,

But deep in my heart, I know what I've got,

Is a love that will always remain.


Do I still love her? It's hard to say,

For love is a feeling that's hard to ignore,

And though life may take us on different ways,

Our love will endure, forevermore.


For in my heart, there's a flame that burns,

A love that's true, and deep and strong,

And though life may take us in different turns,

Our love will carry us through, all along.


So here's to my love, so sweet and kind,

Though she may be with someone else,

I'll cherish her always, in heart and mind,

And the love that we shared, will never lose its wealth.


Poet: Nunn Pari

Post a Comment

0 Comments